Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Lady with Spiky Hair

Upon entering the restroom at Target...

Spiky Haired Woman: Oh honey! When are you due!?
Mommy: November 8.
Spiky Haired Woman: Oh honey! Are you gonna make it!?
Mommy: (Just smiles and walks into stall)
Lily: (loudly) I don't like her hair. It's too spiky!
Mommy: Lily! That's not polite! We should complement people not insult them. If there's something you don't like about someone, find something you DO like. Maybe her shoes or her coat?
Lily: (thinks) I don't like her shoes or her coat either!
Mommy: Well if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!

...and that's when it occurred to me that I was defending the feelings of a woman who had basically just called me "fat."

Later on, Lily drew Spiky Haired Woman. It's a shockingly accurate likeness.
Well, except for the stripes. See also the bathroom stall on the left, the sink on the right, and the ridiculous amount of mascara. 

No comments:

Post a Comment