Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chatting With Uncle Bob

While visiting GG & GPa, Lily's great grandparents, GG's brother Bob asked to "Skype" with Lily. He said it had been many years since he'd been around young children and he was unsure of what to talk about, but the two of them had quite the conversation anyway. 

Uncle Bob: Can you say super-cali-fragi-listic-expi-ali-docious?
Lily: (who, admittedly, had been coached prior to the call) super-cali-fragi-listic-expi-ali-docious. 
Uncle Bob: what a lot of words for such a little girl!

Uncle Bob: I heard you rode the train to Santa Fe. What was your favorite part of the train ride?
Lily: The bathroom. 
Uncle Bob: Well, I understand that. 

Uncle Bob: How did you get such long beautiful hair?
Lily: It grew. Girls need long hair for the rats to live in. I have lots of rats in my hair, but I can't feel them. I try to leave them alone. (Conspiratorially) They might bite!

Uncle Bob: Do you have a boyfriend?
Lily: no! Ewwww!
Uncle Bob: why not?
Daddy: Because you're not allowed to have a boyfriend until you're thirty. 
Lily: Because I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend until I'm thirty.
Uncle Bob: Could Daddy be your boyfriend?
Lily: No. Not yet. 
Uncle Bob: Oh. Because he's not thirty? 
Lily: Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment