Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 7: Rinse and Repeat at the Airport

While waiting for our flight:
Lily: Mommy!! Andrew stole my gum!
Mommy: (knowing she has not given either child any gum) What gum?
Lily: this gum! (Holds up clenched fist)
Mommy: open your fist.
Lily: (opens other fist)
Mommy: open both fists. 
Lily: I AM!!
Daddy: Lily, show your mother both hands. She wants to determine if you have real gum or imaginary gum so she can determine if she needs to beat you or not. 
Mommy: Well, when you say it like that, they definitely won't open their hands!

Em: (Said surprisingly calmly) Andrew, right now we need to have our boarding passes ready so we can board the plane. Also, I need you to hold my hand and stop licking my arm. 
Eric: **blood curdling scream** Lily, it's bad enough I have to hold your hand after you spent the last thirty minutes scraping gum, piece by piece, from the bottom of the airport chairs. Do you REALLY have to lick my arm too! (Puts hand to forehead) Duuuuuuuuuuude!
Uncle Toph: (looks at Marnie happily) No kids! High five!!

Marnie: (watches Eric and Emerald try to wrangle and calm the two slobbering heathen  children and mold them back into respectable citizens capable of handing boarding passes to flight attendants. Smiles gleefully while holding her own boarding pass)
Em: (to Marnie) There is a thought bubble over your head. In it, I hear the hyenas from Lion King singing, "No kids, no kids, la, la, la, la, la, la! Tee hee hee hee hee hee hee!"
Marnie: Funny! That's exactly what I was really thinking!


Eric: Why do I feel like we've had more "Duuuuuuuuuuude!" moments today, than any other day. 
Em: Because...it's "Day 7: Rinse and Repeat at the Airport Day?"
Eric: Now I know why God REALLY rested on the 7th day. (Looks at Lily and Andrew) Adam and Eve must have really been something! (Pretending to be God) "No! Stop that! You did what!? Really!? You ate the apple!? No, it was not just her fault! Duuuuuuuuuuuude!"

No comments:

Post a Comment