Monday, June 3, 2013

I can't even have this conversation with you right now!

Lily: I'm all dressed. I've got my tutu and my Minnie crown and I'm ready to go. 

Mommy: you look very pretty, but your tutu is see-through. Please go put on some pants under it. 

Lily: I don't think so. I don't like to wear pants under it. 

Mommy: I understand, but its not polite to show your panties while running errands. 

Lily: but pants don't match my outfit!

Mommy: I understand you have a very defined sense of fashion. Put on your pants and we can go now.

Lily: (exasperated) I CAN'T EVEN HAVE THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU RIGHT NOW! You've made me feel very upset and very ANGRY!

Mommy: (stifling a laugh because psychologist, share-my-feelings Lily is surprisingly cute) I'm sorry you feel that way. Here are two pairs of pants. Take as much time as you need, but you may not leave this room until you are wearing one of them. (Mommy goes to Mommy's room)

(less than one minute later in Mommy's room)


Lily: (in a confidential voice) Sometimes people have to do things they really don't want to do. Things that make them angry. Like wearing pants. Wearing pants makes me angry. But I still love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment